9 Online Creative Strategy Ideas for Businesses
Whether you are a small business, large business or somewhere in between, online marketing depends on many things, one is creative strategy that includes a combination of many things. Everyone is trying and buying to get the attention of today’s online consumer and those using tactics that entertain, inform, provide value creating a consumer experience will reign the champions. Marketing content that is a combination of website content, blogging, social media among others are powerful tools all must have creative strategy. Here are 9 proven ideas to help your creative juices start flowing:
1. Start By Brainstorming: Schedule a brainstorming session with your colleagues and share ideas, no matter how outrageous they may be. Some refer this process as a waste of time, but it just the opposite if done properly. The secret to brainstorming is quantity not quality. Creativity builds on others ideas and when people with similar agendas for business gather the million dollar creative idea just may be born.
2. Get Blogging: Every online business needs a creative blog. Blogs build brands and customer loyalty. And you don’t need a professional writer to start a blog, you just have to know what interests the consumers in your industry. For example, if you are an interior designer, share the latest decorating trends, how to tips and information about the color of the year. Use photographs, videos and infographics to make the blog more visually interesting. Post survey results, customer interviews, lists or even comments from you regarding your opinion about the latest topics. Share photos of popular celebrities who are following your trend. Readers will enjoy the creative content and look forward to your message and return to read future blog posts. Use links back to your website so readers can see the products that were featured in the blog and get more information about your company.
3. Use Effective Call To Action: Call to Action (CTA) words are verb combinations that create commands that readers click to get more information. Common examples are, “Click here for more information,” Download your free guide now,” Sign up to get our emails,” and so on. But research on call to action is more compelling than you think and using the right words may be the key to getting customers to click and convert. Get to know what CTA words trigger your customers both positively and negatively. It may take some simple research.
4. Keep Up With Social Media: Facebook is the social media leader and will continue to lead in 2017. Instagram, is now owned by Facebook and is very popular too. Social media is changing each and everyday with new platforms, rules and trends showing up all the time. Newer to the scene is SnapChat, a real time messaging and multimedia app, popular among the younger crowd. According to Forbes, “More than 60 percent of Americans between the ages of 13 and 38 are using Snapchat, putting it ahead of Twitter. ”It’s a part of the growing ephemeral or disappearing visual. Their platform has two options, the Snap, a photo or video shared between Snapchat friends that disappear within one to ten seconds and a story, photo or video message Snapchat users can view for up to 24 hours as many time as they like. Businesses can add a story to their creative strategy to engage the younger demographic. Snapchat is just one of the examples of how quickly social media changes and it is wise to keep up with them so your brand doesn’t get lost in one snap.
5. Select Creative Fonts: Fonts or type styles that were originally reserved for graphic artists and designers are now common place and should be used in digital creative strategy and marketing. Since consumers are very visual, marketers have to figure out ways to catch and capture their attention. Creative font usage is one way to make your message more of a graphic, create a brand for your company and product and make or break how easy your message is understood. Vary size, color, shading height and width to create interest. Keep in mind that some fonts aren’t viewed the same from computer system to computer system, so your attempts if used in regular text instead of artwork may not be viewed by all the same way.
6. Create a Listicle: A listicle is a blog post or article that is outlined using bullets or numbers. People love lists. They give us order and organization. Listicles are trending and hugely popular due to the information overload and our shrinking attention spans. There are many websites that are strictly devoted to creating listicles. Companies who incorporate a listicles into blogging, websites and creative marketing strategy will have one step ahead of their competition. Here’s a list of tips to get you started:
- Choose a topic that pertains to your industry and number each thought so readers can easily digest the information
- Use an odd number in your title. Research indicates that odd numbers resonate with readers more than even ones do.
- Keep the list no longer than 29 items. Research by mathematics has proven 29 is the perfect list number
- Put a list in your listicle. Just like we are doing here, breaking down content into sections works
- Write a eye catching title to grab your readers’ attention using the number in the list
- Make sure your list motivates, inspires, teaches and is valuable to the reader
- Make your content edgy and controversial so it is more likely to be remembered
- Use humor, have fun with your listicles and your readers will, too.
7. Livestream a Real Time Video: The power of live is priceless, especially for a businesses digital creative strategy. Streaming a live video whether it be on Facebook or another platform lets the viewer be a part of the event. Make the video dynamic by walking around the event, hosting a behind the scenes coverage or even interviews before and afterwards. A mobile device or tablet is perfect for taping a live video. Some more ideas for a live broadcast are webinars, social event, how to use a product, tour of a facility, training, question and answer session, candid camera style video and demonstrations. Live streaming video offers endless possibilities for engaging and capturing your demographic and audience.
8. Include Milliennials Into Creative Strategy: The Millennial generation, people between the ages 21 and 34 with an annual buying power of $200 billion annually are important to understand because they changing the way we market our businesses. This group has grown up using the internet and crave content driven media. They are connected to their mobile devices and aren’t used to waiting for much of anything. They like social media, sharing what they find by liking, pinning, forwarding and commenting. They alss like to collaborate and share their opinions. Millennials support companies that are dedicated to improving their lives with informative inbound content. Millennials want worthwhile, valuable information in the form of blog posts, e-books, whitepapers, videos, infographics and other how-to information. If businesses can offer this, they will have a lifelong, loyal customer.
9. Create Visuals That Wow! Visuals are crucial to online success. Millions of graphics, photographs, gifs, infographics and other visuals are downloaded on social media daily. Creative strategy demands content with images due to them getting 94 percent more views than content without. This applies to all industries, niches and organizations. And products in action are valued more than a static photograph or image. Show how a product or service is being used and get the attention of your readers. Photos and videos taken on mobile devices are accepted in today’s mobile world and are just as effective as professional photography. There are also online websites like Picture Collage Maker, BeFunky, Canva Collage and Pic Monkey Collage that are dedicated to helping create infographics, collages, filters and special features that come in handy when creating visuals that are impactful. Using creative images and graphics before, during, and after paragraphs of copy will draw attention to the content. Linking an image to your website is also an effective digital creative strategy so readers can click and continue to learn more about the content by visiting your dedicated website.