What is Social Media?
Types of Social Media
Then, there are some industry specific social media, like Goodreads for readers and writers, Catster and Dogster for pet oriented people and those who serve them, DevianTart for artists and art enthusiasts and many more.
There are also different rules and functions for each social media platform, and each will have differing pros and cons for your business.
Social Media and Your Business
Social Media expert Sherri Goodall says “Social Media is Marketing 2.0….it’s also a fun and unique way of staying in touch with people”.
She further explains that, different kinds of social media appeal to different people and have different ways of communicating.
For social networking there’s the very chatty, journal style of Facebook, it’s a diary of pictures and lengthy journal entries.
Pinterest is a morph between pictures and how to information. For video sharing there’s YouTube, Periscope, Vimeo, and Facebook Live. And many of the social media mesh together, for example: an Instagram hashtag # can appear on Facebook.
Types of Social Media and Is WhatsApp Social Media?
What Does a Social Media Marketer Do?
What is a Social Media Influencer?
What are the Advantages of Social Media
The advantages of using social media are numerous:
– It gives you brand awareness in the marketplace, where people can experience your message in a style that defines your company.
– By exposing you to more than just your usual clients, it creates a greater flow of inbound traffic to your website and your business.
– With more inbound traffic your search engine ranking may go up and that all too precious spot on the first page in a search engine is far more secure, especially when someone looks for your kind of business in your local area.
– It creates brand loyalty in a time in the economy when people are significantly brand loyal.
– Social media creates brand authority, by regular communication, clients see you as the authority in your industry.
– Higher conversion rates also become part of the equation of social media, as someone gains trust in you, they see you as the business to choose.
Summary: Your Next Step?
A digital marketing specialist can advise on the best platforms for your business, depending on the purpose and target audience, as well as apply the very latest working knowledge of any changes in the industry (such as updates to a platform’s ‘algorithm’ affecting which content is shown to users).
They’ll help with ‘engagement rate’ (the number of people who respond to your message) and even understanding ‘sentiment analysis’ (ie, how your brand is seen online).
Unmissable QUICK READ What Is? guides… Alexa | Social Media Strategy | eMarketing |Google my Business | Facebook | App | Keyword Research | SEO | Google+ | Domain Authority | Lead Magnet | Hootsuite | Twitter | Twitter Handle | Facebook Live | Hashtag | Guerilla Marketing | Snapchat Geofilter