Mobile marketing is essential for business growth and success. More people are accessing the internet by phone than PC. Mobile devices, such as tablets and mobile phones are used to access the internet because they are portable and convenient to use. Although you may be aware of the function of marketing strategies, you may not be able to create your own. Marketing on mobile devices is bigger than it has ever been and it will continue to thrive.
One key to success with marketing on mobile devices is making your website mobile-friendly. Your website will not conform to different viewing preferences, such as tablet or cell phone mode unless you make your website mobile responsive. One concern you need to acknowledge is the time it takes to load. Websites that are not yet mobile responsive miss out on hundreds of views and landing potential customers. Your website needs to be well-rounded, meaning the site should load correctly on all devices.
Managing and Optimizing Your Content
Content is an important part of marketing. Articles and blogs are needed for SEO purposes. The website view on a PC, tablet, and cell phone are different. What seems like a few short paragraphs on a desktop computer can seem like a novel on a cell phone or tablet when the website isn’t optimized for mobile use. You need to use headers and subheadings within your content to make it easier to read and organized. Website content needs to be concise and keyword rich. Irrelevant content negatively affects search engine rankings and does not benefit the reader.
Time Your Communication
Perfect communication is all about timing. Your business communicated with its audience through emails and social posts. In order or the proper communication marketing strategy to work, you need to address your customer’s needs. You wouldn’t send a direct email about winter clothing to a customer who is currently in the spring or summer season. Like your content, your communication needs to be relevant. If your business offers makeup products, you wouldn’t advertise auto mechanic products or services.
Making Good Use of Coupons
Juniper research predicts by the year 2019, more than 1 billion mobile coupon users. Coupons can generate in-store traffic as well as online store traffic. Coupons are the ideal way to promote new products and services. Coupons are important to a business because they make the customer feel valued. Customers who feel valued and appreciated are more inclined to shop at your store, use your services, and refer your business to friends and relatives. An affective coupon delivers the right message at the right time. Think like a customer by considering the things you would like to see in your social media news feed or email.
Finding the Ideal Mobile Partner
You want a mobile partner that has extensive knowledge about technology and the message you want to send your customers. Your mobile partner needs to be a reliable leader. Choosing the wrong mobile partner could cost you many loyal customers. The best thing you want is your hard work being wasted. You need a dedicated mobile partner that will help you serve your brand to customers daily.
Weighing the Pros and Cons
With every situation, there is the possibility of positive and negative outcomes. Many businesses often make the mistake of only investing time and money in social media marketing instead of investing in social media marketing as well as mobile marketing. Here is how the two compare.
The Visibility Factor
Visibility is the primary reason businesses give social media marketing precedence over mobile marketing. While popular social media platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook allow you to reach a wide target audience, you aren’t the only business trying to gain new customers and keep their current ones. Your social media posts has a good chance of being overlooked or forgotten. Mobile marketing allows you to reach your target audience directly by sending a text to their cell phone. When you use mobile marketing, customers are more likely to read the text message and your post will not be set aside.
Making a Connection
Mobile marketing and social media marketing can suffer from their marketing techniques. Both marketing techniques risk the chance of losing customers. Whether you are promoting your business on social media or text messages, customers have the option to unsubscribe to your messages to opt out of receiving them.
Looking at the Facts
1. iPhones and iPads are the current rave. More than 32 percent of email subscribers use their mobile devices to check their emails while a whopping 36 percent use the Apple devices to check their emails. To make things even more interesting, more than 79 percent of internet users have a Smartphone. Companies with a mobile marketing strategy will greatly benefit from this marketing technique because the number of Smartphone users will increase.
2. Over 45 percent of internet users use their cell phone to conduct research. Search engine ranking is one reason website content is important. Ranking highly on search engines is the easiest way for your business to be found online.
3. Consider tailoring your marketing techniques to tablet devices. Tablet devices have the highest add-to-cart ratings on e-commerce websites. If you are an online retailer, it is in your best interest to focus on tablet app features.
4. Email marketing is more effective than you think. Over 49 percent of Smartphone users check their email when they wake up. When customers subscribe to your newsletter, they are giving you direct access to a device they always have with them and frequently use.
5. Optimizing emails for mobile devices are a growing trend in the business world. Don’t stand in your competitor’s shadow. Make sure you have a clear strategy for mobile purposes and more than one way to implement the strategy.
6. Your business needs to jump on the bandwagon and invest in mobile marketing and have more than one strategy. Regardless of how successful your business is, it can easily get left behind and business can plummet due to the lack of technology use.
7. Dedication is one key to success with mobile marketing. It’s a good idea to have a marketing team to handle all of your marketing needs. Your business can’t afford to skimp on mobile marketing. Mobile marketing is the future of business and your business needs to be on top of its competition.
8. Check and make sure your website can be viewed perfect on mobile devices at least twice per day. 61 percent of site visitors will not return to a site they had mobile issues with and they are more likely to visit a website of your competitors.
Mobile marketing is taking the business world by storm and should be associated with every business plan. Every business needs at least two marketing strategies to ensure they generate traffic to their website and gain customers. A business is only as good as their customers. Your customers need to be happy. Interact with them via email and their Smartphones, but don’t go overboard. Sending promotions to a customer’s email or text messaging them every 10 minutes is a quick way to lose your customers. Following these tips and using this advice will help set you on the right track to success with mobile marketing.